Everyone wants to be a celebrity! And when a celebrity basically doesn’t have a face, it turns out you can replicate their look into a costume pretty much to a tee.
Sia is the mysterious pop artist behind “Chandelier”, “Elastic Heart”, and the more recent hit “Cheap Thrills”. Her iconic look is based around a collection of wigs with long bangs that cover her eyes. Trying out her look turned out to be a ton of fun, even though I was definitely peeking through the bangs every once in a while in order to not trip on things! Being Sia is the best because:
- The only makeup involved is a red lip.
- No hair issues either since you just throw on a wig.
- The clothes can be any Sia outfit you want! So cheap, y’all.
I bought this black and white wig on Amazon and then purchased a bit of black fabric to make a big bow headband. The rest of the outfit I already had, so this entire costume only cost about $15!
Check out the full DIY below for how to make a Sia oversized bow to finish off your look!
DIY Sia Costume
DIY Black Bow Headband (see DIY below)
Any Sia Outfit – I went with a black dress, white blazer (similar blazer, similar blazer), and black pumps
DIY Black Bow Headband
1/2 yard Black, Stiff, Shiny Fabric (I used faux leather)
1. Cut your fabric into two pieces, one that is about 18″ x 36″ and another that is about 3″ x 18″. Take the 18″ x 36″ fabric and fold the 36″ edges over about 1/2″ and sew them down.
2. Fold the 18″ x 36″ piece and fold it in half so it is about 18″ x 18″ with the right sides of the fabric touching. Sew the non-sewn edges together and then flip the fabric right side out so you have a tube.
3. Scrunch together the tube of fabric in the middle of one of the open sides to make a bow shape and wrap the 3″ x 18″ piece of fabric around the middle a couple of times. Then, wrap the remaining fabric around your headband to connect it and tie it off on the backside of the bow.