This blog post is fresh off the kitchen table at my parent’s house in Chicago. Surrounded by family and twinkling lights and cookie baking, you could say this breeds the best recipes. We are a family of snackers over here, and so, naturally, I had to cook up a little it’s not dinner yet but I don’t really want to commit to cooking yet snack. Continue reading “Caramelized Balsamic Onion and Brie Bites”
Though my Superbowl plans are not yet set, I am sure to be watching the game, rooting on my third adopted team (Go Broncos!), and snacking hard core.
I like to bring something to the party that’s a little different from everyone else. Though wings, pizza, and chips are needed, there always tends to be like five times too many of all of them. If you’re looking for something original to surprise everyone with, try one of the recipes I’ve shared over the last couple of years!
1. Fresh Mango Salsa – It’s great to have an alternative to the normal salsa with this fresh and zesty one!
2. Hummus (for cheaters – so easy!)
3. The godly Chuy’s Jalapeno Ranch Dip – This might not look like much, but get back to me in an hour when you’re still chowing down like you’ll never get to have it again.
4. Baked Shoestring Sweet Potato Fries – Grab a handful – or ten – they’re baked and way better for you than the normal chips.
5. Decadent Crabby Avocado Dip – This is a great way to feed your vegetarian friends since it eats like a meal and so simple to throw together.
Sometimes I come home and I’m just in a crabby mood. Maybe it’s traffic, maybe it was computer problems at work, maybe the fact that there still isn’t a rabbit just sitting there magically on my couch… but the one thing that can always get me out of my rut is a little creative endeavor. A craft, a new recipe, or creatively watching the Mindy Project while pretending to do crunches on the rug… ok that last one isn’t so creative, but I do love the Mindy Project. Continue reading “Crabby Avocado Dip Recipe”
So as you all know, the Superbowl took place this past Sunday, and my friends hosted a huge party to celebrate! With the Superbowl of football comes the super sized bowls of dip, wings, and every other horrible-for-you food you can imagine. Needless to say, we were all uncomfortably stuffed, but quite content. The exciting game in the background didn’t hurt either! Continue reading “Copycat Recipe: Chuy’s Jalapeno Ranch Dip”