One year ago I would not have considered myself an expert on how to photograph anything, let alone style food and products for a blog. Heck, I still don’t even consider myself and expert! But over the last few months I’ve received questions about how I photograph my baking and cooking and have been asked to style and photograph products for a company’s website, so I guess I do have a few tidbits of knowledge to share! Continue reading “Tips for Bright and Colorful Food Photography”
February is over ALREADY?? I know it’s 2-3 days shorter than the other months, but it really went by faster than I could keep up. I had planned to make a king cake recipe for Mardi Gras and do some more home decor posts per your requests in my reader survey, but alas, life got in the way. Not to worry, it was all fun and games!
I actually ended up going to Mardi Gras in New Orleans to visit friends on a whim – Kyle and I were exhausted from the trip but had such a great time. We also celebrated his birthday, Valentine’s Day, and went to see Yo Yo Ma perform with the Houston symphony, so really we got to spend a lot of quality time together. It’s hard for us to say no to spending time with friends sometimes and just get time alone, but this month really allowed us to take time for our relationship which we both think is really important.
Speaking of friends, we had THREE couples of friends get engaged this month! I am beyond excited for each and every one of them. I’ve known them all since the beginning of their relationships and cannot wait to celebrate their love for each other in the coming year! I hope you’re good with wedding/engagement/bridal ideas because I’ve added a category underneath the party and holiday tab that I know will be getting a lot of traffic!
Enough about February, what are we going to be seeing in March?
- Beauty and the Beast is coming out and I have a sewing tutorial that is going to be a dream.
- Like I said before, I’m going to be working on some engagement gifts, so be sure to keep your eye out for more diamond themed everything!
- I may or may not be making my own wine… !!!
- I may try my hand at making my own candles. This has been on my DIY wish list for years and I think I’m finally going to just DO IT.
Did you miss any February posts? March is here and I’d hate to see you miss anything!
What We Wore
What We Ate
How We Decorated
How We Celebrated
January was truly a whirlwind month. Coming back from an incredible vacation, I had real life and blog things to catch up on that were piled a mile high on my desk. It’s been fun, but I’m happy to actually get back into working out this week (just in time for those Valentines sweets to kick in!) and just having a little more free time to just watch Top Chef and not be multitasking on something else.
What else happened this month? Oh, I don’t know, a whole lot of political stuff that I truly do not want to talk about. Mostly due to the fact that I am now pretty much 100% off Facebook because of seeing way too much political talk, I just don’t want to add to it. Is it important? Yes. Is this blog the place for it? I personally don’t think so.
For me, January was busy, but I feel like I was re-inspired by taking some time off. I’ve worked on making my Instagram more cohesive and tried to take in what you all suggested in my reader survey. More home decor, you say! Working on it… I also can promise you that at least in September I will most likely be moving and will have plenty of new decor to work on. Don’t worry, nothing crazy is happening, just a move to a new place in the same city.
ALSO – Did you catch the new post series? I’m going to be working on a monthly sewing project with Fabric Wholesale Direct! This is going to keep me more accountable on sewing projects… and really help me to finish ones I really want to have in my closet!
Let’s talk more current events. As in what are you going to see in February:
- Valentine’s galore! I already shared some cute projects with you, but I have even more happening in the background. Though I never really celebrate Valentine’s Day all that much, I love the decor, sweets, and love surrounding it.
- Another sewing project with Fabric Wholesale Direct – the project this month is a big learning game for me!
- Decor tips – I had to fix my closet situation in a big way.
- Remember these guys? They’re back… hopefully can share that post this month if not at the start of March!
Did you miss any January posts? Catch up before February starts to pass you by!
What We Wore
What We Ate
How We Decorated
How We Traveled
Well, we are almost halfway through January, and I realized I never made a best of December post! I was on vacation for the first week of January, so I’m going to give myself a break here. Thanks for hanging in there with me.
December was truly amazing. I secured some exciting new work for Bunny Baubles, participated in tons of Christmas activities, celebrated my 3rd bloggiversary, and spent lots of time with family and friends. Oh, and I went to England for a week and a half! The break was needed and I feel more inspired than ever to create and share my ideas with you all.
In January, look for a new sewing venture with Fabric Wholesale Direct that I will be posting at the end of each month from now on! Also to come is a recap of my England adventures, a few stellar recipes, and maybe some home decor if I can fit in another big project by the end of the month.
After getting some time to reflect, I haven’t necessarily made some resolutions (because that word stresses me out), but I do have some thoughts:
- I’m going to try to post twice a week, but I don’t want that to inhibit my creativity. So sometimes it might be once a week just so that I can share really good projects with you all, and not mediocre ones. I figure you would agree that that makes more sense. 🙂
- I also am going to try to walk at least 5,000 steps a day. While we were in England, Kyle would pull out his phone at the end of the day and note that we had walked 5-10 miles a day! Though I was eating to my heart’s content, I didn’t actually gain any crazy holiday weight (thank you for your sweet Christmas blessings, oh Lord). I want to keep that up!
- I want to focus more on people. Sending birthday cards. Inviting friends for tea. Volunteering. You know, the good stuff. Writing for my own blog I feel like I can get sucked up into this world so focused on myself that it becomes obsessive and unfulfilling. I’ve noticed this void and I want to fill it.
Do you guys have non-resolution ideas for the new year? I promise not to hold you to anything strict. Anyhow, I was crazy busy over the holidays and almost forgot about some of these posts already – take a look to see if you missed anything from December!
What We Wore
What We Ate
How We Decorated
How We Partied
Y’all it is a brand new year, and I am out of the country! I plan to share my travel adventures with you as soon as possible, but in lieu of a new DIY blog post today, I wanted to get your input on what you would like to see in the new year. Do you love the fashion sewing projects? Or do you wish you saw more cakes and parties? Is there something you think is missing from the site?
If you could vote for your favorite topics below I would really appreciate it! You have one week until the poll closes, so make sure to fill it out ASAP and share with your friends.
Y’all, Bunny Baubles officially turns 3 today! Three years ago I thought it would be fun to start-up a blog to share sewing and baking projects with my friends and family. Little did I know I would be turning this into my part-time (basically second full-time) job and getting paid to do it!
I know you are all scrambling to find the perfect gifts for everyone on your list right now, so I thought I would try to help you out! There are always those people who have everything or don’t ever want to give you any ideas, and I’ve found that the best way to buy for them is to give them an experience. Some of my favorite collaborations I’ve done with Bunny Baubles have been with the three companies below who are all offering discounts to my readers! Check them out, and good luck shopping!
- Craft a Brew – 10% Off with the code BUNNYBREW until 12/12/2016, plus $5 shipping on orders over $50 – Why are guys always the hardest to shop for? Brothers, dads, and boyfriends give me the most trouble, but I can assure you a beer brewing kit will put a smile on their face! Oh, and guess what, they are making WINE KITS NOW. So now you have gifts for your girlfriends too.
- HelloFresh – $35 Off with the code BUNNYBAUBLES35 – People love food. Most people love cooking too. Many people hate to shop and don’t have a lot of time. HelloFresh food boxes are the answer! This is such a fun gift for a friend or family member, especially someone in college or a new chef.
- Degustabox – 50% off plus a bonus item with DEGUSTABUNNY – Have someone in your life who truly has everything? Send them a Degustabox packed full of unique goodies that surprises them at their door! This is great because it’s all non-perishable food so it can sit on someone’s doorstep who isn’t expecting it, and there are always items that you will have never tried before.
I’m going to be honest with y’all, I already finished my holiday shopping! I am pretty thrilled because I have a big trip coming up and have so much to wrap up for the blog before the holidays hit so it was pretty crucial I got the shopping part out of the way. I plan to take a 2.5 week trip using only a carry on suitcase and a personal item… wish me luck, and I’ll update you on more details soon!