It’s officially October and Halloween is less than a month away! EEEK! I have no costume yet, nor a solid idea of what I want to be… but I know I’m going to DIY it. I just love homemade costumes. Not only can you be whatever you want to be on Halloween, you can personalize it to fit yourself when you make it. The store bought ones tend to be kind of lame or kind of trashy and definitely kind of pricey – what’s that about?
Like I said, I don’t know what I’m going to go with this year, but I can’t wait to share the DIY with y’all once I figure it out! I figured I would put together a list of some simple homemade costume ideas that are cute (not sexy, ugh) and original so you guys can get started. Have you decided what you’re going to be yet?
1. Flapper Girl – Fringe, pearls, glitter, done.
2. Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland – The only way I can think of to dress as a bunny without feeling completely uncomfortable.
3. The Morton’s Salt Girl – She’s so cute, and you could totally make the salt into a purse for all of your necessities…just saying.
4. Pinata – Is this super simple? No. Is it super fun and adorable? YES.
5. A Pineapple – Not only are they super trendy right now, I just think this is hilarious.
6. Ice Cream – Can you tell that I’m hungry? But really, this is the most elegant ice cream cone I’ve ever seen.