I know you are all scrambling to find the perfect gifts for everyone on your list right now, so I thought I would try to help you out! There are always those people who have everything or don’t ever want to give you any ideas, and I’ve found that the best way to buy for them is to give them an experience. Some of my favorite collaborations I’ve done with Bunny Baubles have been with the three companies below who are all offering discounts to my readers! Check them out, and good luck shopping!
- Craft a Brew – 10% Off with the code BUNNYBREW until 12/12/2016, plus $5 shipping on orders over $50 – Why are guys always the hardest to shop for? Brothers, dads, and boyfriends give me the most trouble, but I can assure you a beer brewing kit will put a smile on their face! Oh, and guess what, they are making WINE KITS NOW. So now you have gifts for your girlfriends too.
- HelloFresh – $35 Off with the code BUNNYBAUBLES35 – People love food. Most people love cooking too. Many people hate to shop and don’t have a lot of time. HelloFresh food boxes are the answer! This is such a fun gift for a friend or family member, especially someone in college or a new chef.
- Degustabox – 50% off plus a bonus item with DEGUSTABUNNY – Have someone in your life who truly has everything? Send them a Degustabox packed full of unique goodies that surprises them at their door! This is great because it’s all non-perishable food so it can sit on someone’s doorstep who isn’t expecting it, and there are always items that you will have never tried before. Click the link below for the deal!
I’m going to be honest with y’all, I already finished my holiday shopping! I am pretty thrilled because I have a big trip coming up and have so much to wrap up for the blog before the holidays hit so it was pretty crucial I got the shopping part out of the way. I plan to take a 2.5 week trip using only a carry on suitcase and a personal item… wish me luck, and I’ll update you on more details soon!
It’s December and it’s cold and it’s Christmas time! These are all things I’m very excited for.
November was a month filled with really happy moments – Thanksgiving with my family, celebrating birthdays with friends, traveling to Austin after what felt like months of planning, and I finally committed to buying a new car! Usually December has me a little overwhelmed with Christmas parties and all, but with holiday shopping finished and so many big decisions and moments happening in November, I am actually finding myself really relaxed.
What have I got planned? Christmas movies, baking, holiday cheer in the form of every hot beverage known to man, and being with the people I love the most. If you ask me, I am really blessed to have that to-do list set. I also have some exciting Bunny Baubles work happening in the background that I am beyond excited to share with you all – stay tuned!
Before you take a hop, skip, and a leap into December, make sure you didn’t miss any November fun! Plus, check out my gift guides that will help you with any last minute present hunting.
What We Wore
Suede Fringe Skirt || Chokers
What We Ate + Drank
Sweet Potato Stacks || Stuffed Figs || Fireside Apple Cider || Cranberry Moscow Mules
Holiday Gift Guides
Gifts for Crafters || Gifts for Bakers || Gifts for Sewersn
This week I’ve tried something new that I am really excited to share with y’all. Though I am a food blogger who loves to cook and bake, most weeks I find myself scrambling to get meals put together for dinner. With trying to juggle work, exercising, socializing, and blogging, it can leave little to no time for coming up with something inspiring to eat. There tends to be a lot of scrambled eggs, frozen gnocchi, and ordering Thai food, to be completely honest.
Continue reading “HelloFresh Meal Subscription Review + Coupon Code”
Is there anything more perfect than the smell of cinnamon sugar wafting from the oven while you sip on hot cocoa under the light of the Christmas tree? Being home for the holidays is something I absolutely cherish, and this year I got to go home at Thanksgiving for the first time in years! We took full advantage of our time together by doing what we do best: baking.
Continue reading “Homemade Holiday Cinnamon Rolls”
I’ve written about the essential sewing tools that any sewer must have before in this post. If you know any aspiring seamstresses who need new tools, you should definitely consider buying them these essential items! But what do people who already sew really want for Christmas?
Besides the all encompassing fabric store gift cards (I don’t think I could ever have enough), the next best thing are these luxury sewing items that would make your projects so much more seamless. Except they probably will have seams because, you know, it’s a sewing project? Somebody stop me with these puns already.
(Basically, if you want to know what tools I don’t have that I would love, read below, minus the dress form.)
- Rotary Cutter, $26 – A rotary cutter allows you to simply slice through fabric in a straight cut without getting those jagged edges you sometimes get with scissors.
- Self-healing Cutting Mat, $38 – This mat goes hand in hand with a rotary cutter so that you can slice through fabric and not through your nice table. This mat heals itself so it never gets any grooves in it.
- Incredible Sewing Scissors, $24 – The best of the best, the sharpest of the sharp.
- Pinking Shears, $13 – These might look like those fun scissors you had as a kid. And they are, but they work with fabric. The zig zag edge helps fabric from fraying and allows it to bend more easily.
- Bodkin, $2.50 – You know when you have to get elastic through a lonnnng slot? This is basically a much easier to use version of the safety pin method.
- Bias Tape Makers, $6 – For making nice edges on a blanket, clothing item, placemat, etc., bias tape is a great way to go. This little tool folds the bias tape without you having to use an iron – so handy!
- Trio Marking Pen, $18 – This pen can change from black to white to pink, so no matter what color your fabric is, you can see your lines!
- Adjustable Dress Form, $99 – Though you can design clothing without one, a dress form makes draping so much simpler! You can really get a good fit without having to try a garment on 15 times.
- 80 Cone Thread Set, $50 – I mean… with a set like this you wouldn’t have to buy thread for YEARS!
- Serger, $190 – If you ask me what I want on my wish list items for sewing, it would be a serger. It gives you the professionally hemmed edge look that all of your clothing has. This is a DREAM tool. This one has great reviews at a very good price.
Have you been holding out on chokers like I have? My obsession with the 90’s started with the music and ended at the TV shows. I never thought I would find myself donning flannel and chokers again… until 2016 hit. Fashion trends are so cyclical, and though it sometimes takes me a little while to think, “OK, it does look cool again.”, I usually embrace them in the end.
Continue reading “DIY Choker Necklace”
You may have seen my post last week for the 11 best gifts for craft lovers and DIYers. This year I want to make it easy for you to buy gifts for the people in your life that love to make things. Whether its crafting, baking, or sewing, I have scoured the internet in search of the best gifts that they may have not even heard of yet! This week, I’ve focused on rounding up the best tools baking has to offer.
We’ve all got that sweet tooth friend in our lives… or maybe it’s you. Either way, this list of baking items and tools is set to make your holiday shopping easy as pie! Ya know, pie, baking… you get it. Most bakers already have pans, spoons, and spatulas, so I tried to find more fun and exciting gift options that might be more of a luxury. Check out this list of the 10 best gifts for bakers, which ones are you coveting the most?
- Digital Measuring Cup, $13 – This tool is a measuring cup and a scale all in one!
- Marble Pastry Slab, $50 – This one is perfect for rolling out pastries and pie dough… or more commonly used in my kitchen for those picture perfect food photos. Makes my kitchen look extra fancy!
- Nesting Bowls and Cups, $30 – The colors, the utility, and the storage saving on this cup and bowl set is perfection.
- Frosting Tip Set, $38 – This tip set has all the tools a baker will need to frost a cake or cookies to their heart’s desire. Plus it comes in a handy storage container.
- Microplane Zester, $15 – I swear by this zester for any citrus dessert making I do. It makes getting that tart rind off of fruit incredibly easy.
- Rainbow Baking Cups, $6 – Bakers are always needing more baking cups for cupcakes and muffins, and this set comes in all the colors of the rainbow!
- Pretty Cake Stand with Dome, $54 – It took a lot of work to make that cake, it deserves to be put on display! A cake stand and dome set is perfect for showing off a cake and then storing it later on.
- Baker Cheat Sheet Apron, $19 – The number of times I’ve used my dirty hands to open my phone and check a measurement is obscene. This apron would solve all my lock button woes!
- Personalized Embossing Rolling Pin, $35 – Is it ridiculous? Yes. But is it also going to be the best gift ever for someone who loves to make pies? Also yes.
- KitchenAid Mixer, $250 – I mean, do I have to even explain? This standing mixer is the creme de la creme of mixers and every baker’s dream tool.