Ah summertime. All I want to wear is blue and white and pastels and whatever fabric I can get my hands on that is as thin as possible without being see through. Oh, and off the shoulder everything. I will never get tired of making off the shoulder dresses for three separate reasons:
- They are so so so cute. I love the flirty fit and they are really comfortable without being too casual.
- They are also so so so easy to make. In the way that I create them with two separate sleeves that attach to a bodice, there is pretty much nothing to the fit. In other words, it will always fit the first time around which is a huge win in saving you from seam ripping for hours.
- I love how the sleeves never creep up your shoulders using the pattern I use. Because the sleeves are separately attached below your arm pits, they will never end up annoyingly on top of your shoulders.
Continue reading “Easy DIY Belted Off the Shoulder Dress with Ruffle Hem”
I feel like I have total vacation brain right now. Anything tropical is just calling out to me, between the pineapple jalapeno margs and the palm printed pillows, it’s just time for me to head to Hawaii… anyone think my boss would let me go a week early?
Continue reading “Sparkling Pina Colada Cocktail”
So much excitement has been circling around engagements this year, and I could not be loving the party planning and celebrating any more! I threw Megan and Ben a casual engagement party back in April, so when my brother got engaged, I worked with my mom and sister on planning a party for him and his fiance! Continue reading “A DIY Garden Themed Engagement Party”
If you have ever lived with me, you would have experienced the great annoyance that is me consistently trying to rearrange the layout of the room. My architect parents were constantly changing the floor plan of every room in our home growing up… I would say twice a year! It was fun and exciting and challenging, and so I learned to do the same with my bedroom. Even at a young age, I would single-handedly push my bed into one corner and pull my dresser into another. Sometimes, it was a disaster, and I had to put everything back after a day of moving. This is how I learned to make my own layouts. Continue reading “The Easiest Way to Create a Floor Plan and Experiment with Room Layouts”
I like to think that Cinco de Mayo (which I recognize is just an American excuse to make margaritas and chow down on tacos) is the start of margarita season. I never think to make a margarita except for in the heat of the Summer, and then the craving is REAL. I want it sweet, salty, spicy, and cold. Continue reading “Pineapple Jalapeno Margaritas”
A berry and citrus combination is the unofficial flavor of Summer in my book. No matter how many times I pair lemons with blueberries, limes with raspberries, and grapefruit with blackberries, the flavors always taste fresh and exciting. There’s just something about the sweet and sour combination that you can’t get enough of!
Continue reading “Glazed Lemon Blueberry Muffin Recipe”
Happy first day of June, y’all! June always feels like the start of Summer to me because it was right when school got out as a kid. Even though I’ve been out of school for years now, I still seem to be inspired to go on vacation at this time of year. So much so that I have three trips planned for June! I’ll be in Chicago for my brother’s engagement party, then Las Vegas with Kyle and our parents, and finally to Honolulu for a week long getaway with some friends!
Let’s do a quick May recap before sharing a few things to come in June:
- My brother got engaged to his sweet girlfriend Heather, and we cannot wait to add her to our family!
- We celebrated Megan’s birthday for the first year ever without a full blown themed party. I guess we’re maturing?… maybe…
- My good friend MP got married in one of the most special ceremonies I’ve experienced where they had a Lutheran and Catholic priest split the duties. Am I the only one who loves the ceremony the best out of the entire wedding? I like hearing about the promises and the hard work to come and am fully comfortable sitting through a two hour ceremony. Marriage these days can be so overblown into this gargantuan party with no real substance beneath it.
- I started saying goodbye to a whole slew of people that seem to be leaving me. Between med school, business school, and new jobs, it seems that the four year mark has people itching to do something new. So far, I’m still feeling good about Houston.
Coming up in June, I have quite a few posts already planned as I’m trying to prepare for the crazy travel schedule ahead. Get ready for:
- Summery sweets and drinks! Both needed for vacations and sunny celebrations.
- Two cute and easy going sewing projects that are coming with me on vacation.
- More engagement party ideas! Honestly, y’all, I’ve found my calling.
Some of my favorite posts from May were Megan’s ombre birthday cake and the palm leaf pillows. Oh, and I made the peanut butter cup rice crispy treats twice, so know that they are that good and that easy. What were your favorites?
What We Wore
Lined Drop Waist Hem Dress
What We Ate
Peanut Butter Cup Rice Crispy Treats
Easy Shredded Chicken Tacos
White Chocolate Oreo Pops
Pina Colada French Toast Bake
Diamond Ring Lemon Sugar Cookies
How We Decorated
Palm Leaf Printed Pillow
Ombre Cake Decorating Tutorial
Crepe Paper Vine Balloons